Access Statement for Sandburne Vegetarian Gueast House
All guests are very welcome to enjoy all that Sandburne has to offer and I aim to try to deal with all requests as efficiently as possible so that all may feel at ease, comfortable and at home. Please call if you have particular needs in order for me to try to meet any personal requirements.
- Car parking is off road, within the grounds of Sandburne about 15 metres from the entrance to the house.
- The path to the house is composed of large gravel, slopes downhill and has 4 shallow steps (7cms) before a sandstone step up (13cms) and threshold (2cms) into the hall.
- There is subdued exterior lighting along the path.
- The breakfast room and hall are on the ground floor with no steps, floor is carpeted and tiled.
- There is clear definition of floor and wall throughout the house.
- Bedrooms are on the first floor. Ascending staircase with the following tread information – 5steps (riser 15cms) to landing, left turn – 10steps (riser 15cms) to landing, left turn – 3 steps (riser 15cms) to open landing with seating. Width of staircase – 85cms.
- Revelin (Bedroom 1) – door to the right, entrance 80cms wide: shower room door 75cm wide, no threshold. Room carpeted, shower room tiled. 15cm step into shower, loo height 42cms, washbasin height 85cms.
- Seat How (Bedroom 2) – 3mts along well lit carpeted corridor – door to the right, entrance 75cms wide: shower room door 75cms wide, no threshold. Room carpeted, shower room tiled. 15cms step into shower, loo height 42cms, washbasin height 80cms.
- Guest bathroom – door 75cms wide, bath height 60cms,washbasin height 85 cms: Guest w.c in adjoining room – door 70cms wide, loo height 42cms
- There are no ground floor toilet facilities.
- All areas are well lit.
- Guide dogs are welcome although pets are not normally allowed.